Ger is a Mongolian word for yurt. In Mongolian, the word ger also means home.
Does happiness depend on how many rooms or how much you have?
When I say I grew up in a ger some people think poverty. Well, I never starved of love.
Here are some fun facts of growing up in a ger:
- You never feel alone.
- You are always in the same house wherever you move house.
- There is no bed time different from adults.
- You can see the stars through the window on top.
- Everyone eats together facing each other because of the round shape.
- In the summer, you can ‘see through’ the wall once the felt covers lifted up.
- You can pretend you are asleep and eavesdrop adults’ conversation.
- You can never be sent to your room.
- You can grill marshmallows any day you want in the stove.